Saturday, February 14, 2009

Conversation with Andrew

Ok, some of my conversations with my kids crack me up. I just always forget to write about them. So now with this blog, I'm going to try to write down some of those funny moments of conversations.

The other day we were driving home and this is how the conversation went with Andrew:

Andrew: Hey, mom. Did you know we got a new boy in my pre-school class.
Mom: Oh you did.
Andrew: Yea, he's 5 like me, but his birthday is November 19th so I'm a little older.
Mom: Oh that's cool. What's this boys name?
Andrew: Pencil.
Mom: What is it?
Andrew: Pencil. Isn't that a silly name mom?
Mom: That is. (I'm thinking to myself what name is he trying to say? Half the time I can't understand what he is trying to say. So I'm trying to think of some hispanic name or asian name or any name at this point that might sound like pencil.)
Mom: Do you like this boy?
Andrew: Yea, but sometimes at recess he pushes me and I don't like that.
Mom: He does?
Andrew: Mom, don't talk to Mrs. Dreyer (his teacher) about this new student.
Mom: ok, why?
Andrew: Because he's invisible and Mrs. Dreyer doesn't even know him.
Mom: Ok, I won't say anything. That's cool you have a new friend named Pencil (as I am dying of laughter inside and trying to talk without laughing about it.)

1 comment: